1980 R65 Airhead. Approx. 39K miles. Asking $3,200
R65 is a short wheel base 650cc BMW. Very nimble around town and cruises down the highway.
Purchased this with 35k miles and in rough shape. I did a basic restoration which included the following work with the objective of keeping it as stock as possible:
- Removed engine from frame and powder coated the frame.
- Repainted and repaired the tank. Bike color was originally Bronco Brown with red pin stripe. Repainted in BMW black with inlaid white pin stripe.
- Removed emission stuff. (Have parts if you want to reinstall)
- Powder coated valve covers and air box
- Replaced steering head bearings and pivot bearings.
- Replaced pushrod seals
- Recovered saddle with Maine grade vinyl.
- Installed silicon valve gaskets
- Installed Bob’s BMW rear shocks and installed progressive front shocks as part of a recent rebuild.
- New AGM battery
- New fuel lines
- Front turn signals are not original as the brackets are unobtainable. Mounted to headlight bucket.
- Original exhaust which has dents on right side.
- Upgraded plugs and wires.
- Replaced original spring loaded side stand with Reynolds side stand. Includes center stand as well.
- Mustang windshield.
- Ignition and gas tank have separate keys.
Includes period correct BMW hard cases
Located in Dayton, OH